[ Home | FAQ
| Ten Tips | Stress Test | Self-Rating
Scale | Survey Results | Chat ]
Ten Tips for Family Caregivers
- Choose to take charge of your life, and don't let your loved one's illness or disability
always take center stage.
- Remember to be good to yourself. Love, honor and value yourself. You're doing a very
hard job and you deserve some quality time, just for you.
- Watch out for signs of depression, and don't delay in getting professional help when you
- When people offer to help, accept the offer and suggest specific things that they can
- Educate yourself about your loved one's condition. Information is empowering.
- There's a difference between caring and doing. Be open to technologies and ideas that
promote your loved one's independence.
- Trust your instincts. Most of the time they'll lead you in the right direction.
- Grieve for your losses, and then allow yourself to dream new dreams.
- Stand up for your rights as a caregiver and a citizen, especially when dealing with
- Seek support from other caregivers. There is great strength in knowing you are not
(Source: National Family Caregivers
[ Home | FAQ | Ten Tips
| Stress Test | Self-Rating Scale
| Survey Results | Chat
Comments or questions? email@example.com.
©1999 WWCoCo New Media
Maintained by Prontix